What are the Parts of a Car Body?
The commonest parts are a hood and a decklid. They're covers for engine parts and trunks, respectively. A vehicle can have many other body parts, too -- anything from exterior accessories like cowl screens or spoilers to trim and fascia. Vehicles indeed do have everything from fenders and bumpers to pillars.
Each of these parts of a car body has its own job to do as well. For example:
- A cowl screen protects an air intake system
- A spoiler both adds a stylish accent and can make a vehicle more aerodynamic
- Trim is another word for the many decorative surface treatments that give a model a custom look
- Fascia is a term that refers to front-end parts, including grilles, headlights, and more
- Fenders are what frame wheel wells
- Bumpers are what absorb impact force during collisions
- Pillars are what support a car window area
Of course, vehicles have almost as many internal body parts as external ones. A prime example is stamped metal rockers. They're vital to keeping front and rear ends from separating. Just about every model out there has more where all these came from, too.
Repair or Upgrade Your Kia Vehicle | Buy Genuine OEM Body Parts Online
The best for a project, you can get right here at our auto parts store. We carry only genuine Kia body parts, so what you order will be compatible with what you drive, right off the shelf. Order today!
No results found for "quarter panel, door assembly, hood, trunk, body". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!